Happies & Crappies #6
Why hello Friday! It is really, really good to see you again. This week has been a catch up from our weekend in Edinburgh, while mentally getting ready for Paris in less than 10 days. Holy cow. I’ve been busy enough at work (which is always a good thing) but now I am ready for the weekend.
Today will be powered by a venti caramel macchiato, a coffee treat with my free SBUX coupon. (Thank you very much!)
But before we kick off all that is magical for the upcoming weekend, I want to share my highs & lows from the week!
1. For the second week in a row, Gonzaga is ranked #1. On top of that they won their conference championship on Monday giving them a really good case for being a #1 seed come Selection Sunday. Yeah… that makes me pretty happy. Not only that, I was able to watch them play the championship game (thank you ESPN America) and they look like a #1 seed. This I really, really enjoy.
2. I shared all of my adventures from last weekend’s trip to Scotland. You can view them here, here and here. (There are a lot of fellow Harry Potter fans out there! Not sure what I mean? Check out this post here.)
3. Paris is around the corner! We leave in less than 10 days, and I am getting very, very excited. I am trying to figure out what to pack plus planning our days out. Six full days in Paris: I am beyond thrilled. If anyone has any travel suggestions, I would love to hear from you.
4. I cooked and didn’t burn the house down. (Not that I have ever done that, but you know what I mean.) Last night I made yummy stuffed peppers filled with rice, mushrooms, garlic, cilantro and onion. Topped with a bit of cheese and with a side of a cauliflower bake….not too bad if you ask me.
5. Tech Free Wednesday….well sort of. As you may remember from last week’s Happies & Crappies I am tired of being too connected. On Wednesday, we turned off phones, laptops and tablets for tech free which was nice to not think about Facebook, WordPress, Instagram, E-mails for a few hours. Next time we do tech free, I am switching off the TV too. (Baby steps, right?)
6. I was the featured expat for Lost.in.Translations expat series. Chelsea was lovely to feature my story there earlier this week. You can visit her blog and read the piece here.
1. It snowed on Monday. Snow!?! And it wasn’t just light lovely flurry, it was big scary flakes. In March. Snow… just so you know, I am done with you. See you next winter.
2. Just when I thought I was getting into a better relationship with taking the bus, the morning schedule changes. This causes me a major crappy. Instead of getting the bus at a prompt 7:13, I know have to get it at 7:04. I know it doesn’t sound like a big deal, but those ten minutes (especially in the morning) mean alot. Like having breakfast or not. Or making it in time to work. Grrrrr…..
PS- I am offering 25% off all sponsporship spaces until Sunday March 17th. Check out my sponsor page for more information!