Happies & Crappies #5
Just because I am taking a day off from work today and spending the weekend in Edinburgh seeing the various sights to see, doesn’t mean that I would miss the chance to share my happies and crappies from this past week.
** With that, drum roll please…**
1. Gonzaga is #1: My beloved Gonzaga Bulldogs were ranked #1 in the country on both the AP and Coaches Polls. Within minutes my Facebook feed exploded with all the Zag Nation excitement and I loved it so much! This is a team that I have cheered for during victories, screamed at referees during crappy calls and cried (yes I have) at those really big losses. Mid-Major? I don’t think so. This team has a shot to make it far in the tourney this year. Bring on March Madness!
2. Is Spring Around the Corner? Maybe I am being overly optimistic, but I think that Spring is truly around the corner. We had a few days of lovely sunshine, which I have l-o-v-e-d! And remember how I did a bit of weeding and planting last weekend? Here is a snapshot of my nearly finished project:
(I have to remove the debris, and plant the seedlings that I have started.)
Hopefully I can show off blooms in about of month. Fingers crossed!
3. Texting with my Bestie: This doesn’t seem like that big of a deal, but for this expat it is….and a major happy. On my way to work on morning I was able to have a whole text based conversation with my bestie Shannon. It was lovely and amazing. Here I was at 7 am enroute to work in Chester, England while it was 11pm in Seattle for Shannon. Seemed like no distance was separating us. A major happy for me this week. (Thanks iPhone and iMessage!)
4. A Packed Lunch by My Awesome Neal: One day this week, I didn’t make my lunch in advance and was running out of time in the morning. What did my lovely and awesome husband do? Made me a sandwich with fruit for my lunch. I cannot remember the last time that someone packed me a lunch, and it made me silly happy. He is the best.
1. Neal’s Nan fell this past weekend, and had to be admitted to the hospital overnight. We were all worried about her, and if she had any long term injuries to recover from. (That’s the crappy.) When we went to visit her on Tuesday she was in wonderful spirits, chatting up a storm. (That for sure is a big happy.)
2. Too Connected: Neal and I have many nights when we are glued to our technology: iPhone, tablets, Android or the laptop….and sometimes I just hate it, making that a crappy for the week. Sure, there are nights when I have to work on all things blog related (otherwise known as “blog-min” in our house) but there are nights when things can be left for tomorrow. Starting next week, we are going to have one night when we unplug from technology. I will let you know how it goes.
So there you have my highs and lows for the week. What about you? How did you week shape up? I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! If you want to follow along on the Edinburgh escapades this weekend, feel free to follow me on Instagram!
PS- I am offering 25% off all sponsporship spaces until March 17th. Check out my sponsor page for more information!