Happies & Crappies #4
Why hello my lovely blog readers! And also, hello March! I am excited to see you both! March has some pretty rockin’ stuff on the horizon: Paris, Edinburgh, a family Christening, March Madness…. Ahhhh!!! Plus March sort of kicks off spring, and puts the crappy months of January and February long behind us. Hooray! Oh, and did I mention that today is St. David’s Day? (The patron saint of Wales!) This weekend we are going into town for the St. David’s Market to snap photos. Blog post coming!
But with that, onto my Happies & Crappies of the week!
1. PARIS! Last Friday, we booked our flight to Paris and yesterday we booked our apartment for the trip! If that doesn’t make the happy list… I don’t know what will! We will be staying in the center of Paris for six days, giving us plenty of time to explore and absorb.
2. Edinburgh: Oh, did I mention that I will be braving Scotland for the first time next weekend? We are heading out after work on Thursday, to spend the weekend in Edinburgh. There I will be meeting Neal’s Dad for the first time (the joys of a long distance relationship), visiting some sights (like the cafe where JK Rowling wrote Harry Potter) plus attending a rugby match! Whew, I am exhausted just thinking about it.
3. Godparents: Earlier in the week, Neal and I were asked by his sister Kim to be godparents to her little baby Ben. We were both very humbled, and happy to accept. But, this has me pondering my ability to lead and guide a little one in the realms of faith. (Yes, blog post coming.) The Christening is March 17th, be on the look out for a post plus rare photos: me holding a baby.
4. Gonzaga is #2 !?!: As I mentioned in last week’s post, I LOVE my Gonzaga Bulldogs. What could be better than a #3 ranking? A #2 ranking of course! And with Indiana losing earlier this week, and GU beating BYU last night, there is talk in Zag nation for a #1 ranking. Exciting times for this mid-major team. Let’s pull out our dancing shoes, March is around the corner!
1. Throwing a Bitch Fit: Sometimes, I have moments when I am not proud of myself. Not at all. Wednesday night, I tried to set coffee for the next day but the sink had dirty dishes which just irritated and pissed the hell out of me. One thing lead to another and the next thing you know there is spilled water and a broken bowl on the floor. Awesome moment. I hate when I do this, when I act out. It’s embarrassing, so much so that I couldn’t look Neal in the eye for at least 15 minutes. Hooray for honesty. (And a big sorry to Neal.)
All in all, a pretty kicking week! This weekend we are gearing up for our upcoming trips and going a bit of spring gardening! Hello March, nice to see you again!