Weekend Roundup: Sweatpants & College Basketball
Greetings blog readers! This weekend was filled with good quality time with my sweats, hair in a pony tail and face sans makeup. (Jealous aren’t you?) We laid low, under big comfy blankets, cups of tea and tons of college basketball. With a low key weekend, I didn’t think there would be much to share, but low and behold I do….
1. Freddy got new balls that look like mini-basketballs all to gear up for March Madness.
2. On Sunday, we watched the Louisville vs. Notre Dame game… that went into 5 overtimes. What a crazy basketball game to watch!
3. Yeah, we like biscuits with our tea.
4. Freddy sizing up his new ball, and willing me to play with him.
5. Rocking to Wicked on my bus ride home, perfect way to start my weekend.
6. I love getting my next free SBUX card in the mail. So exciting!
7. My take on a full-English breakfast: two eggs, hashbrowns, beans, crumpets, veggie sausage with coffee & juice. I typically don’t eat again until 3:30 it’s that filling.
8. So, here in the UK the Tuesday before Lent (or tomorrow, Feb. 12) begins is called Pancake Day (or officially called Shrove Tuesday), and essentially… you eat pancakes with sugar and lemon juice. I guess it is the UK’s version of Fat Tuesday, so we shall see. This is a very new tradition for me, so I will be sharing all about our pancakes later this week.
9. It’s official: Freddy is 100% unimpressed with the blog.
Another major highlight? Being able to Skype with two good friends, Claire and Russell, from Spokane on Skype… while watching the same college baskeetball game. (Technology is amazing!) Then, we figured out how to use iMessege, allowing me to text people back home. Better yet? They can text me pics! Within minutes, I had a picture from Chipolte Grill, Alcatraz, a friend with his sweet baby girl and a pic of Claire and Russell at a recent Gonzaga game. I suddenly didn’t feel homesick, which was an amazing feeling.
What about you? How was your weekend?