Greetings my lovely blog readers and a very happy Friday to you all!! I can hardly believe that today is the last day of November. Seriously, where did this month go? We booked our flight to America, just about four weeks ago….and now we will be flying seven days from right now! To say that I am excited is a massive understatement. It is going to be hectic, as we have to leave Chester for Gatwick on Thursday (4hr+ drive) to be at the airport by Friday morning. We fly from Gatwick to Las Vegas, then Vegas to Seattle. Neal and I will be arriving into Seattle at 9pm (PST) on Friday, and will be picked up at the airport by my younger sister Becky.
Let the countdown begin!!!
Let’s not get too ahead of ourselves. First, let me share with you my week here in Wrexham & Chester.
- As some of you may remember, a few weeks ago we subscribed to ESPN America with the vain hope of watching not only college basketball, but especially my beloved Gonzaga Bulldogs play. Imagine my excitement and surprise when we pulled but our recorded games and saw Gonzaga vs. Davidson in the Old Spice Championship game! It was amazing to watch my favorite team hit the hardwood… being away from the states this was actually the first game I was able to watch of the season. The next game I see will more than likely be in person when we make it to Battle in Seattle on Dec. 15th. Go Zags!
- One thing that is fun about Chester is that it has an open air Christmas market with little stands filled with goodies from candies to scarves or cheeses. In addition to these stands, there is also a cart for Roasted Chestnuts, which made me feel straight out of a Charles Dickens novel. Roasted Chestnuts? Really? Well, you have to try them at least once… and let me tell you, I wasn’t a fan. (Sorry I don’t have pictures of my reaction which was pretty freaking funny.)
- My bus ride home allows for me to dive into Boardwalk Empire. Reminds me of the Godfather, and makes my commute fly by.
- Yesterday, Laurie (Neal’s sister) came into town and it was her birthday. We went to dinner at local pub in Chester where yet again I chose the fish & chips. My second course? Molten chocolate sponge cake. Delish.
- No blog post would feel complete without a picture of Freddy. Not really sure what is going on here, but I can tell you he is pretty excited. This is his happy place….
- There is a bug going around my office, so I am trying to be preventative with Vitamin C and hand sanitizer. (I am also chugging tons of water and tea…) I cannot get sick, did I mention that we are bound for America in less than 7 days?
As always, I am linking up with Lauren for High Five for Friday! Check out how everyone else spent their last week in November!
This weekend will be spent prepping for the America trip: errands, cleaning and packing!