Hello blogging world! It’s Friday, when the weekend lays before you with so many possibilities. Bless. This week has flown by, just 4 weeks until we fly back to America and I am getting more and more excited! I snapped this picture as I waited for my bus this morning…
Looks like it is going to be a beautiful day! Can’t wait for the weekend to get here. I need rest and relaxation!
This week featured two new recipes, two elephants, and headlines for the presidential election.
- This week, I attempted to make curry, from scratch . For me, the girl who normally keeps sweaters in the oven, making curry from scratch is a big deal. My first attempt was a Coconut Shrimp Curry. It was sweet, with just enough spice. Neal scored it 8 out of 10. (For me, a major achievement.) Check out the full recipe here.
- I loved seeing how the UK news has been covering the US presidential election. Especially after waking up at 4:30 am to watch results live. Front page news? Yes please.
- I have post a picture of the statue of this sweet baby elephant…but there was a way that the morning light hit the elephant that I just loved.
- When we went to IKEA last weekend, I snagged this picture frame, perfect for framing this awesome birthday card. It looks more like art than a standard card, and it brightens my space at work. And once again it’s an elephant. I love me some elephants…
- Each week, I attempt to pre-make salads in a hope to eat a bit more healthy (and save £ in the meantime). This week, I opted for a Roasted Sweet Potato and Red Pepper Salad. Tons of fiber, so I felt fuller long and really easy to make. This will have to go in my rotation. For the full recipe, go here.
- This is a small and very locally owned fruit and veg stand. I love walking by it each day to see what is fresh and in season. I have no idea what a viola is. Anyone out there know?
Make sure to head over to Lauren’s blog to see other High Five Friday posts!
This weekend we are planning on handling errands and to-do’s… plus cooking, knitting and finishing my latest read Discovery of Witches.
What about you? Any big plans? Enjoy your Friday and your weekend…you’ve earned it!