Hello blog world! It has been another wonderful weekend… filled with the Chester Whisky festival on Saturday with hanging around the house today. We had our clocks go back 1 hour so Neal and I are getting used to the darker night tonight, fall is officially here.
- The choices at the Chester Whisky festival was so overwhelming for a new whisky drinker like myself.
- In addition to the festival, Neal bought us tickets to a Master Tasting Class with Tomatin whiskey. There was sampled 12, 15,18, 21, 30 and 40 yr whiskys. The presenter, Allistar had been in the industry for years and he knew so much. We sat next to two whisky bloggers! (perfect, I know..right?) They were able to walk this novice through tasting tips and tricks. To view their blog, simply go to: http://www.livingroomwhisky.com/.
- One of our favorites from the day. A distillery that boosts a 100% organic whisky, that after only five years in the cask it has a beautiful taste. (That’s all I can say about that…)
- An afternoon snack of camembert cheese. Yes please…
- My cappuccino for the weekend, courtesy of Cafe Nero.
- I made homemade doggies snacks for Freddy! So simple with just four ingredients For the recipes that I used, go here.
- I stumbled upon this Princess Piggy Bank with the Union Jack on the side. I couldn’t resist bringing it home.
- The BIGGEST highlight of my weekend: WE BOOKED OUR FLIGHT TO THE STATES!! Neal, through creative maneuvering was able to book our flights to the States (specifically to Seattle) by using miles. The flights were becoming more and more expensive, and I was afraid that the trip wouldn’t be in the work out. Neal moved heaven and earth to make the trip happen. Simply put, he is the best. I have been here in the UK since June 10 and I can’t wait to be in the good old USA. (Even if it is only for a two weeks…)
So, how was your weekend? Anything fun or exciting?
And tonight is Downton Abbey night! Woo-hoo, perfect ending to the weekend…